New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trim It II
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is anybody using one of these set ups amd what is your experience? Ease of calibre swapping? Cutter life? Happy with the deburr / chamfer?

Thanks for any input.

Posts: 689 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IF you are inquiring about the WFT with multiple caliber inserts--yes I have it, yes I use it and yes it is really pretty good at being extremely consistent in the finished length of cartridges.
Set up is very easy, pop the one currently in the cutter body, slide the new one in and set to the desired length.
I keep a reference case for everything I load so it is easy-peasy.
Attach the portable drill to the cutter shaft and trim away.
Depending on how fast you can work it should be easy to do 3 a minute without breaking a sweat.
NOW having said all that, IF I had 1000 cases to do my choice would be a Dillon or other similar type machine but for batches of 100 or less I find it a perfect way to go.
I am sure there are others who will chime in with their opinion but you asked and I replied.
YMMV

Gary

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gary. Trim It 2 is similar but also adds a chamfer and deburr. So what a Gracey does (never seen one) but on a set up like the WFT.

Posts: 689 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck.
It should work out fine.

Stay safe in SA--I am assuming you are NOT in j'burg proper

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. In s suburb of the greater Jhb area to the north. Not in the city... Much of the CBD like the banks and exchange relocated years ago to Sandton. Some banks still have big investments in the city and there is some attempt to at a inner city revival. I've been generally fortunate in Jhb. Tks!