New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Rebel press
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So I'm finally going to invest in reloading equipment and get started. First project will be to reload 450 no. 2, 3.5" NE.

I have dies but they are 1", not the usual 7/8". Second caliber I plan to load for is 405 Winchester and have the 7/8" dies for that as well.

After looking at lots of presses. I'm kind of drooling over the new RCBS Rebel. Love how open and simple it is. My hands are larger than normal and starting to get stiff so I want a nice open area to reach into. Spent primer ejection straight down through impresses. No junk in the way collecting them. Off press priming seems to be the way to go, especially to start. And the nice clean flat work area.

But RCBS seems more interested in making stupid useless remarks like cast iron that is tough a nails.... rather giving useful info like specifications and dimensions.

So, does anyone know if it will handle my 1" dies and if the 3 1/2" cases plus bullets will fit it comfortably?

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For your general use with large cartridges and large dies I would stay away from the gimmick presses. A large press with a large removable bushing capable of loading the 50 BMG should load any sporting cartridge.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
rcbs site says
quote:
Tallest Opening of Any RCBS Single Stage Press

and i've loaded 45/120 and 450 NE on an old rockchucker ..

call em and as if they have a 1" bushing, and, if not, if the PRESS thread pitch is the same as the rockchucker, then order a bushing from ch4d.com

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does this video link help?

https://youtu.be/IQ3U-cXxFzg

Posts: 6814 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote