New
Find
Notify
Tools

175 RN bullets for 7 x 57
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Quick search doesn't show much, are they still available?

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Only from Hawk Bullets, as far as I know.

Posts: 964 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Just use the pointy ones; they work fine.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Hawk bullets are incredibly soft even with the optional jacket thickness based on game Ive shot with them..They are excellent in the old Winchester calibers however..and loaded down to factory specs would probably perform well for broadside shots..The Hornady 154 or 160s are hard bullets and give excellent penetration on deer and elk..better used on elk IMO.

I have used the old Rem Corelokts and they are awesome if you can find them as are the WW PPs..

The fact is the spritzers of today work every bit as well..Ive used the 175 gr. Nosler in my 7x57s for years on the larger PG and elk, Moose and bear, and even an ocassional deer and they worked fine. Nosler open up quickly to the partition, so they work well on light or heavy game..The 160 works as well. For Mule deer I use the 130 Speer and its absolutely a perfect bullet, even on whitetail from stands and in open country..I get pass thurs and big exit holes at 3 inches as a rule, meat damage isn't bad with heart lung shots.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input