New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x300 Weatherby
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody loading for this yet? Can you share? Is the 127 Barnes adequate for elk? I was thinking of loading the 140 Partition but Nosler doesn't have on their website. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Citrusdude
posted Hide Post
With Berger 140 gr VLD have under MOA at 200 yards with 88 gr US869 and Fed 215 primer. Not great, but can get you started. My stuff is still in storage as I have just moved, or I'd give you velocity as well.

Good Luck.

Steve

Posts: 56 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I load a lot for this cartridge.

The 127 LRX is enough for elk.

US869 works well for me, others prefer RL33. It is a touchy cartridge to load for, but is rewarding and a laser.

The 140 AB and 127 LRX are my favorites, but the 130 TSX is in there, too.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. What kind of speeds are you getting with the 140 Accubond? Thanks again.

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BighornBreath:
Thanks for the replies. What kind of speeds are you getting with the 140 Accubond? Thanks again.

I found an accuracy spot for me at 3240 with the 140 AB, I suspect it was a lower node but I didn't push it.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote