New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 PRC
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Traded for a 6.5 PRC rifle. Have dies and have ordered some brass. According to the load manuals I have RL 26 is one of the best powders in this caliber Since I dont have any RL26 and cannot locate any so I guess I will have to try other powders.Anyone have any powders or loads they have had good performance with?? Thanks for any info you can share

Posts: 2432 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I started out with Rl-26 and had only one pound and when I used it up I had plenty of RL-25. I used it for several months and it takes 2-3 more Grains. It is as good and perhaps a little faster and accuracy is fine. I put RL-26 on back order at Mid South and got 8 pounds within a few months. I now use both, plus others including Magpro. I use a fed 210M primer and have no complaints. Good luck it is a great round and rivals my .270 WSM’s as bean field Deer chamberings. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2342 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank You for that I found some new Hornady data that includes RL 25 and RL 26 data.

Posts: 2432 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The fall issue of 2019 RIFLE magazine is devoted to 6.5 caliber chamberings. There is a huge section on the PRC. The Most extensive reloading info I have found on all the 6.5’s. This and the Hornady book have been very helpful to me. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2342 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote