New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good midrange load for 115Gr FMJ bullets in 9mm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Greetings to all. My first post in search of a comprehensible answer. I have a Dillon 550C which just got the finishing touches in set up. I will be reloading a number of calibers but right now 9mm is the subject.

I have 115Gr FMJ projectiles I want to load into various 9mm brass obtained from Diamond K. Powder - Unique. Weapons to be used w/this ammo - Ruger P85; Beretta M9; Honor Arms 9mm Honor Guard single-stack 8-shot made in Georgia. Primary use for the rounds - target and recreational shooting. I am NOT a competitor. I'd like the projectile to travel with a reasonable - but NOT a jacket-stripping - speed to the target, I'm not out to shoot a buffalo with any of the above firearms. Does anyone have any experience with this powder, and this bullet, in combo?

Posts: 48 | Location: SE USA | Registered: 09 August 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
SS Looks like we are going to have to do some experiminting with known loads This is the go to load for Unique. 5 grains of Unique with 124 grain Hornady XTP bullets and CCI primers
9mm Bullets are hard to come by here in Northeast Ohio. i ordered a .356, 6 cav. 125 lee mold Ill switch over to lead round nose Reddot look good starts at 3.9 as does win 231 . starting load is 4.7 grs...

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote