Find
Notify
Tools

Where dis all the RUM brass go?!?!?!?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted
Been looking for 300 RUM brass for several months, does anyone know where I can get some and what is going on with the supply???

Posts: 693 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Low volume odd ball stuff is not being manufactured with the curr4ent overwhelming demand. The manufacturers get to pick the products to produce that will make money the fastest.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We buy it up and make it into .338 Edge.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bertram has been running tonnes of it. Probably for a US contract.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No one in their right mind buys that crap.

quote:
Originally posted by Con:
Bertram has been running tonnes of it. Probably for a US contract.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a bag of 50 that I bought at a gun show years ago if that will help. Send me a PM if interested.

Posts: 885 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
How much do you need? PM me.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is probably in the "seasonal" category and they only run it once a year. Like .458 and others. Hope you find some.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
No one in their right mind buys that crap

Seen some of the stuff coming from the US these days? I've got some Rem 375RUM brass, and the Bertram seems to measure up more consistent on the rims, but shoulder is not as well defined. At half the price of Remington locally, I'll give them a try.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been seeing it more available from Nosler Custom lately....spendy but great quality.

Haven't seen Remington in a while.

Cheers,

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Con:
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
No one in their right mind buys that crap

Seen some of the stuff coming from the US these days? I've got some Rem 375RUM brass, and the Bertram seems to measure up more consistent on the rims, but shoulder is not as well defined. At half the price of Remington locally, I'll give them a try.
Cheers...
Con

Actually,
the Bertram brass for .338 Edge cost $300.00 for 100 pieces here in the USA and it is way far better then Remington brass. If you can get 300 RUM Bertram brass at half the cost of Remington, then I will buy them from you.

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
We have 5 gallon buckets at our range for people to put unwanted brass in instead of throwing it in the trash cans.

There are some people who go to the range almost every day just to get the brass out of the buckets, then they sell it at the scrap yard. thumbdown

I couldn't believe it the other day when I looked in one bucket and there was a new Remington box with 17 .300 RUM cases in it. The box even still had the Remington DVD in it.

After a quick pass over my long taper .375 expanding die, I now have 17 more .375 RUM cases. dancing

I have not seen any RUM cases in any store for several years.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1631 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Con?