THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone willing to share 300 win mag fav. loads?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
thanks

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Reloader 1>
posted
Posted this before but my all time favorite for any 180 is 75gr RL22 a good magnum primer and new brass.Usally shoots good with this one unless the gun has other problems.

<Odessa>
posted
I have had good luck using the Hornady Interlock 165 grain BTSP bullet, R-P cases, CCI-250 primer, and 78.0 grains of Hercules Reloader 22 (early 90's batch). The load is accurate (3 round groups run from 7/8" to 1 1/4" @ 100 yards) and fast (Chrony average is 3172 fps from a 24" Winchester Model 70).

one of us
Picture of steve65
posted Hide Post
An accurate load in my Winchester 70 Laredo is 81.5grains AR 2217 (H 1000) With 190 sierra MK. Seated 10 Thou off the lands,It shoots .350-.420moa 5 shot groups at 100 meters.

Steve......

Posts: 125 | Location: malmsbury,vic,australia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
My favorite .300 Win load is 180 gr. Nosler Partition bullet with 78 gr. RL-22 and federal 210 primer. Notice the 210 primer, when I use the 215 it shoots a 1-inch group instead of a one holer. Good Shooting.

------------------

[This message has been edited by phurley (edited 04-18-2001).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
hey phurley do you know how fast that load is going?

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
hvyw8 -- I sure do and I might add I have shot that load now for three years. The ave chrony is 3100 fps. As you well know some will be faster some slower and temperature affects it sometimes and then at other times it doesn't seem to. Those speeds are kind like women, about the time I think I have them figured out they do something else. I really think Barometric pressure affects them but this is just one of my own ideas with no scientific facts to back it up. When I work an accuracy load such as this I then chrony every round shot until just before the hunt then I start shooting from all angles and positions, freehand, rest on trees and bushs, etc. This average comes from probably 300 rounds shot. As interesting as it may sound this rifle is an old post 64 Model 70 Winchester but I would match it with anyone's custom built rifle with match grade barrel. Good Shooting.

------------------

[This message has been edited by phurley (edited 04-18-2001).]

<Don G>
posted
I used 180 gr. Nosler partitions, Fed215M and a max load of Accurate Arms XMR3100. The Sierra manual said this yielded best accuracy -- and it did for me. 3050 fps and sub MOA groups.

It was sub 0.5 MOA with 175 gr. Sierra MK.

Don