THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iEuropean reloading standards or manuals?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there a European reloading manual (English versions) using European pressure standards available in the US. I know Norma publishes a manual but I believe it is limited to Norma powders only and it may subscribe to SAAMAI standards.

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Vitavouri

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
The Norma manual only gives loads for Norma powders. Both Norma bullets and non-Norma bullets are covered. It appears the data for every cartridge has the phrases "Barrel: According to CIP" and "Maximum cartridge CIP". Maximum pressures are given in bar. So I'd guess it is based on CIP, not SAAMI, but I'm no expert on the differences. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think I remember copies I saw in Sweden being the same (English language) edition that I bought here.

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I suggest the Woodleigh Bullets Loading Manual. Yes, the loads are for Woodleigh bullets but can still be very helpful in working up loads for similar weight bullets. Many powders were used. Most calibers list several loads with several powders, including European powders. It has an impressive number of European loads listed, old and new, rimless and rimmed.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote