THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Help - Loading the .500 Express, Ross Seyfried, Handloade

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help - Loading the .500 Express, Ross Seyfried, Handloade
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I am looking for a copy of the article "Loading the .500 Express - Extreme Black Powder Performance" by Ross Seyfried. It was in Handloader #219, October 2002. If can scan and send me the article, I would be very appreciative.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would make that post on the Big Bore Forums. One of the main posters there, RIP, is a good chance to have what you want.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
I am looking for a copy of the article "Loading the .500 Express - Extreme Black Powder Performance" by Ross Seyfried. It was in Handloader #219, October 2002. If can scan and send me the article, I would be very appreciative.

I have it saved as a .pdf file, can email it to you.
PM me your email and I will send it to you.
- Mike
(Redstone- Western Slope of Colorado Cool)

Posts: 296 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 13 April 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Hi Redstone.

For some reason, I am blocked from sending you a PM, however, I can receive it at

r n n h n t r "at" g m a i l "dot" c o m.

Take out the spaces and you can figure out the rest.

Thanks.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Redstone.

For some reason, I am blocked from sending you a PM, however, I can receive it at

r n n h n t r "at" g m a i l "dot" c o m.

Take out the spaces and you can figure out the rest.

Thanks.

Dave

Sent!

Posts: 296 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 13 April 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I always liked Ross Seyfried. I thought he was "Handloaders" best writer. When they got rid of him I cancelled my subscription but would renew it if they hired him back.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ross is a class act, and a good friend, He is a world of knowledge on guns and hunting with a world of experience..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am looking for a copy of the article "Loading the .500 Express - Extreme Black Powder Performance"...

Do tell, what are you working on?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have a PDF of Ross' Reloading the Nitro Express from Handloader Jan 2000

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I was trying to work a deal with a guy for a Mortimer double in .500 BPE. Then I found a William Powell in 500/450 No. 1 Express at a price I could not pass on.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Well, this William Powell is extremely jealous!

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Bill, we will just have to meet in the middle and do some shooting.