Notify
Tools

Anybody use Gordons Reloading Tool?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
Hello everybody,

a lot of folks here including me use QuickLoad for load development and internal ballistics approximation. But there is another, very similar tool and is free. Anybody here use it?

Here is the link for website: https://www.grtools.de/doku.php

And this is how it looks like. Of course, this is GUI in Czech, there is of course English, German etc. Also units are fully changeable from metric to imperial and vice versa.

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I use it all the time. Very useful for finding out how changes affect the final velocity and pressure. I'm still pretty cautious about max loads, not really knowing how accurate their powder profiles are. When I check GRT loads against published data and they're close, then I have more confidence.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whelenite:
Yes, I use it all the time. Very useful for finding out how changes affect the final velocity and pressure. I'm still pretty cautious about max loads, not really knowing how accurate their powder profiles are. When I check GRT loads against published data and they're close, then I have more confidence.

Maximum loads are governed by the rifle.

As each one is different.

The book published loads should only be used as a guide. They are NOT the last word.

I have seen rifles that will take several grains over published max.

Others would blow primers on starting loads.

These are rare, but we have had them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote