Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra GameChanger Bullets ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ray Fryar
posted
Hello all, Has anyone tried any of the new Sierra GameChanger bullets? have been looking at them and was curious as to what kind of performance they were having. Thanks in advance for any input you may have good bad or ugly lol.

Ray
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member

Posts: 103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
Don't know about real game, but American Rifleman says they blow their cores in dry paper due to unbonded construction

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe:
Don't know about real game, but American Rifleman says they blow their cores in dry paper due to unbonded construction

Thats good to know if you need to shoot your way out of a phone book printing company

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Those photos mean little without knowing the velocity and range the Sierras were fired at.
The non-bonded Sierra Gamekings would also lose cores too at times but they sure killed and at least were accurate so went where you needed them to go.
I used Gamekings exclusively for decades of hunting and have nothing to complain about, most often than not they exit.

Posts: 3849 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
Those photos mean little without knowing the velocity and range the Sierras were fired at.
The non-bonded Sierra Gamekings would also lose cores too at times but they sure killed and at least were accurate so went where you needed them to go.
I used Gamekings exclusively for decades of hunting and have nothing to complain about, most often than not they exit.

My sentiments exactly.
I've had excellent performance from Sierra bullets for decades and am anxious to give the Gamechangers a try.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:

Joe I went back and read the entire article word for word.
I wonder what makes this guy think he's qualified to write an opinion about a product, really. His test methods and media are suspect and when he throws in comments like
"The Remington Mountain Rifle wears a pencil-thin barrel. The barrel heats up enough to start a grass fire after firing three .270 cartridges in a row. As the barrel heats up, bullets begin to stray across targets."
It doesn't take long to tell he is a bullshit artist and is writing more for his own pleasure than to actually inform anyone of anything.

I'll do some of my own testing in the near future and I sure as hell won't be shooting into "dry paperback novels and magazines".

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I killed a doe last year with this bullet in my 6.5/.284 XP-100 handgun. She was at 180 yds. Ran 50 yds. after the shot. Exit was 1/2". Internal damage was a tract of 2" of damage in the lungs and one shoulder. As far as I see it, this is a NON game changer no different than a Nosler AB (which causes more damage). It offers nothing new. I'll stick with my ABs & NPTs.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 249 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ray Fryar
posted Hide Post
That is just the kind of information I was looking for Thank you!

Ray
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member

Posts: 103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With Quote