THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get primer/flash hole reamer/cleaner.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Looking for fine quality. All I've seen is one or the other. For 7X57 cases. Small rifle primer of course.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use primer pocket unitormers and flash hole uniformers from Sinclair. The quality is what you expect from Sinclair and the cost is reasonable. I use the primer pocket uniformer each time I size the brass. It is quick and keeps the pockets at a uniform depth. It removes a tiny amount of brass each time, showing how the primer pockets get shallower with use as the brass flows a little on each firing. I only use the flash hole uniformer after the first firing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These; https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1458328046

and this
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...101759217?pid=635539 are all I use anymore.

Small rifle primer 7x57 cases ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't waste your money on them if I were you because I have not found any advantage by uniforming flash holes or pockets. YMMV

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1186 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luckyducker:
I wouldn't waste your money on them if I were you because I have not found any advantage by uniforming flash holes or pockets. YMMV

Not true at all.

Many cases have quite large burrs inside the flash hole, and uniforming them removes these.

I was actually very surprised at how much some cases have.

Quality brass from Lapua from instance don't have it.

But we buy our brass in bulk, and we find these steps are necessary to get uniform performance.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the Sinclair one without individual pilots. It has a cone shaped pilot that fits from 17-50 cal.

Cheers.

Posts: 682 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Primer pockets......the Whitetail Tools.

Flash hole uniforming......the K&M tools.

For about thirty years now.......whew!!

Kevin

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I made my own

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Interesting replies gentlemen. Been using new Norma brass. Initially, I just wanted to clean out some residual polishing media on some 1X fired brass I intend to use exclusively on one rifle. May as well clean the primer area up in and out. As a side note: Sidewalls are grainy and were left that way for extra grip on the chamber wall which is very smooth. 7X57R Merkel K1.
Thanks. Keep 'em coming.
CB

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since you're in central PA, you might want to take a drive up to Hart's in Nescopeck. Great folks & they should have all kinds of fun things you never knew you needed. I sold their primer tools exclusively when I had the shop. They used to be open Saturdays but it's been a while.

Posts: 41 | Location: VA | Registered: 06 March 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks. No walk-ins yet at Hart's.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i have found that flashhole deburring, FROM THE INSIDE, can improve group sizes.. most of the rest is panther piss and hen's teeth

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38381 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sinclair order for both a flash hole deburring and primer pocket reamer tool is in.
Thanks.
CB

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Tools arrived today. Should have paid more attention to Craigster's post. Not small primer, large primer. Live & learn.
By the way, the small primer tool was out of spec. Too large by about .050". Nice finish quality though..
Thanks all.