New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one know where you can find lb of varget?pa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Trhying to find some for cheap reloads for hogs.

Anyone have a H4831 load for 150 sp for 7mM-08

I have about 150 old rem sp bullets I want to use to save what good bullets that I have.

Know they will shoot in the 280 and 7 mag with H4831. Now how accurate ??

Posts: 229 | Location: Spring/Marble Falls , Texas | Registered: 08 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Victoria All Sports in Victoria Texas had Varget and other powders. Pricey but they had some!

Posts: 691 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Can't say where you'll find it but I suspect a lot is sitting on some Aussie wharf, waiting for one of the particular ships allowed to carry 'explosives'.

Posts: 4915 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
There's a shop up here that had tons of Varget on the shelf a couple weeks ago...

At $42 a pound.

He can keep it for that price.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not mind the price since I do not have any but the drive to Bismarck might be a little long. Smiler
Jim

Posts: 229 | Location: Spring/Marble Falls , Texas | Registered: 08 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Victorias closer

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I still leased from Gene Walker or family it would be a easy stop on the way to South Texas. I spent a lot of time down there from the 70’s thru the early 90’s or if I was going down to Pt. Mansfield for trophy trout fishing like we used to.

Pm me the shop phone number in Victoria if you would.

The Redding Auction site Was amazing with all the old stuff they have in
The small lots were really interesting.

Brought bk memories of when I started reloading and all the gear that I was given. They took bk the two old Texan shotgun presses but left me all the old rifle dies and an old press. Wish I had all those old powders but I took a lot of the old stuff over and gave it to John Wooters who was a friend that wrote on Whitetails for Peterson’s Hunting back in the 70s thru the 90s because I did not have all the guns to fit the odd dies and bullets and powders.

H4831 shot fantastic for my rifles back in the trophy deer hunting days.

Thanks to all for sharing all your information on these topics.

I look at all those old lots and what people owned and shot back in the day and fig that will be most of us one day with all our crap unless one of the kids will will use it.

Be Safe out there. JimD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTx:
If I still leased from Gene Walker or family it would be a easy stop on the way to South Texas. I spent a lot of time down there from the 70’s thru the early 90’s or if I was going down to Pt. Mansfield for trophy trout fishing like we used to.

Brought bk memories of when I started reloading and all the gear that I was given. They took bk the two old Texan shotgun presses but left me all the old rifle dies and an old press. Wish I had all those old powders but I took a lot of the old stuff over and gave it to John Wooters who was a friend that wrote on Whitetails for Peterson’s Hunting back in the 70s thru the 90s because I did not have all the guns to fit the odd dies and bullets and powders.

H4831 shot fantastic for my rifles back in the trophy deer hunting days and does now except the 7mm-08. There may have been better powders but with the old nosler lead tipped
Bullets and partition bullets and even Remington 150 rounds with the bullets replaced with The nosler bullets all hit the same under and inch group. Wish they still made the old lead BT’s.

I look at all those old lots and what people owned and shot back in the day and fig that will be most of us one day with all our crap unless one of the kids will will use it.

Be Safe out there. JimD

One of Us
posted Hide Post

H4831 shot fantastic for my rifles back in the trophy deer hunting days.

Be Safe out there. JimD