New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vickerman Seating Dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used the Vickerman system of seating dies. How do they hold up to their claims ? I see RCBS Competition Seater Die is very similar. Thx in advance.

People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf.

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
I've used a .30 cal Vickerman seater for decades on everything from .30-30 to .300 H&H. I like it very much, particularly the ease in getting bullets into the die from above the case rather than having to snake them into the die from below. Mine will fit .308" diameter bullets, but nothing larger (like .310") which is just as it should be. I wish I had several other diameter seating slides for it, but I don't know if the current versions as offered by Buffalo Arms will fit the old original die bodies.

Posts: 967 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a number of Herter's knock-offs of Vickerman seating dies. They are by far my favorite seating dies.

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Vickerman seating die is one of the first inline seating dies. I think it compares well with the RCBS Competition Dies. One nice part about the Vickerman dies is the interchangeable seating system, whereby you can purchase one die, and then interchange whatever diameter seating guts you desire.

https://www.vickermandie.com/