Find
Notify
Tools

Storing reloads?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bruce in WV
posted
What is an inexpensive and safe way to store ~1000 bottleneck rifle cartridge reloads in a 50 cal ammo can without buying a lot of plastic boxes?

Posts: 87 | Location: West Virginia, USA | Registered: 03 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Pretty much all I would do is put them in ziploc baggies in whatever quantities you want. I store. 38/357 rounds in quantities of 50 this way so it it fairly easily to get a remaining count. It doesn't require much beyond that. I cycle through mine often . If you plan on long term storage maybe add a desiccant package.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just put them in the 50 cal can loose close the lid.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bruce in WV
posted Hide Post
Friendly emailer suggested these cardboard boxes, too. Pick the one for my specific ammo: organized for maximum# of rds and keeps ballistic tips undamaged. Looks simple enough and can have a folding party with the grandkids.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Cardboa...stomid=&toolid=10001

Posts: 87 | Location: West Virginia, USA | Registered: 03 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Storing them in a 30 or 50 cal ammo cans will keep them for your lifetime. Add some moisture desiccant if it makes you feel better but you should be safe with only the former.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce in WV:
What is an inexpensive and safe way to store ~1000 bottleneck rifle cartridge reloads in a 50 cal ammo can without buying a lot of plastic boxes?

Yes tu2

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I purchase those white ammo boxes from Graffs or Midway, they are the same as factory boxes I buy them in bulk in 308 size and 30-06 size, the are inexpensive and last a long time..and they are allowable to use transporting to Africa..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote