Find
Notify
Tools

Jagemann brass? PRVI Partizan brass?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted
I'm looking for 300 Win Mag brass and finding it in pretty short supply, except for two brands: Jagemann and PRVI Partizan. Anyone have any experience with either kind? A search here only turned up one mention of Jagemann. Going back 10 years, there are a few positive reviews of PRVI Partizan. Any more recent experience?

Posts: 675 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have some PPU brass in 300 WinMag. At a glance it looks good, but haven't used any yet. I have been using PPU brass in 7x57 & 22-250.

The 7x57 has real close to the same capacity as an old lot of WW. I shot 20 for comparison with all other components the same. The velocities were a tad higher in PPU brass & accuracy may have been a little better too. No surprises. If memory is right there were a few snug primer pockets, but was using Ginex primers which are known to be a tad oversize. It worked well for me.

My 22-250 is an Improved. The PPU brass blew out nicely on fireforming & has been loaded 4 or 5 times with rather stiff loads after working up. No losses yet. Accuracy as good or better than with the old well proven & used WW. Again, it's very close to an old lot of WW in capacity.

So far I'm very satisfied with Prvi. It's not quite Lapua quality, but for the price you really cant go wrong.

Posts: 41 | Location: VA | Registered: 06 March 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used PPU brass mainly in 30-06 and had no problems.

Posts: 662 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hannay
posted 24 June 2020 14:33
I'm looking for 300 Win Mag brass and finding it in pretty short supply, except for two brands: Jagemann and PRVI Partizan. Anyone have any experience with either kind? A search here only turned up one mention of Jagemann. Going back 10 years, there are a few positive reviews of PRVI Partizan. Any more recent experience?

No experience with the brands you listed. I noted a while ago these guys ( link below ) supply .300WM. Have you enquired there at all ?

https://atlasdg.com/product-ca.../?filter_caliber=300

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
No experience with the brands you listed. I noted a while ago these guys ( link below ) supply .300WM. Have you enquired there at all ?

https://atlasdg.com/product-ca.../?filter_caliber=300

Thanks - I hadn't heard of Atlas DG brass. But, it turns out that their 300 Win Mag brass is out of stock.

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 358WCF:
... So far I'm very satisfied with Prvi. It's not quite Lapua quality, but for the price you really cant go wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Sagebrush Burns:
I've used PPU brass mainly in 30-06 and had no problems.

358 WCF and Sagebrush Burns - Thanks for the recommendation. I will give the PPU brass a try.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Privi is all I use in 9.3x62 and 8x57JRS; it is good brass.

Posts: 17094 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Yes it is great brass, I have loaded several calibers with it and its as good as anything I have used that was American made.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No experience with the Jagermann, limited experience with Privi but what I have used has been very good.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote