Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x72R
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted
I have a drilling. 16 x 16 x 9.3x72R. Due to groove size I am going to be loading Paper patched, 200 grain .358 cast bullets.

Anyone able to point me at some good starting loads. Drilling is Nitro Proofed but I am shooting lead.

Thanks,

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
35 remington loads

Posts: 17106 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good old German cartridge! It was originally loaded with a 193 gr. bullet at about 2000 fps, which I suspect you know, and you should be able to duplicate that with the PP bullet. The "Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions" gives a load of 39 grs. of BL-C2 under a 193 gr. bullet but lists no velocity.

You should check here,

http://www.germanguns.com/upload/forum.php

and here,

http://www.doublegunshop.com/f...tlist&Board=9&page=1

do a search and all kinds of stuff should turn up.

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I have decided that there is nothing in this part of North Carolina I can't hunt with 16 gauge or 9.3x72R so I am beginning to become a "One Gun Duck" for my hunting needs.

Dave

Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Just have to ask, is that Charlotte, NC? I am going to work up some loads in the next couple of weeks. Since I only have iron sights, is it velocity up to move the strike up or the other way around? Figure I will have to load to the sights.

Dave

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
Thanks, thought that was the way it went. I know it works that way with handguns. Found some references on load data. H4198 and BL-C2 seem to give the best velocities while staying about 28,000 CUP. Thinks I'll start there.

Sounds like you are seeing the mountain leaves if the rain ever leaves.

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a plan drhall! I've come to the same conclusion for my hunting needs here in the Ozarks, similar situation, 75 yards is a long shot. I'm guilty of using several different drillings and combination guns but I really like to tinker with the old, odd and obscure cartridges. Great fun!! Good luck in your pursuit of "the load"!! If it's not too much trouble I'd be tickled to know what you end up with.

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
I will do that.

Dave