New
Find
Notify
Tools

electric powder scale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Years ago I got a RCBS Partner elec. scale.
I was/am to use to my old scale, so put it aside.
I just found it again, can't find the instructions.
If anyone is interested in it, drop me a PM.
I'll send it, see if you like it and send me what it's worth to you if you get it going. Not putting it in the classified as I want someone to see if they can get it calibrated first.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Rcbs site has all the instructions for all they make
http://rcbs.com/RCBS/media/RCB...caleInstructions.pdf

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
They usually don't bring much used anyway... The warranty is only good for 1 year on the electronic scales.. and once they go, they are trash...

I've always liked the idea of an electronic scale, but the probably short life has thus far prevented me from getting one..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
the electronic scales are trial.
I have a Dillon. its several years old and still works.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I prefer standard scales..Been using the same two for 40 years, same with powder scales, you get the feel of an old set of powder scales and you can toss more accurately than than to newbies out there today. My RCBS powder measure is an old friend and I toss every load with the same mechanics and movement, Its plumb accurate, so much so I seldom weigh a powder charge while loading anymore but when done I look at powder level with a flash light and then maybe weigh one or two and Im done, and ready to seat bullets and they are always dead on..I do believe you have to through a lot of rounds with a powder measure to get right with its feel, and make the right movements every time and that takes awhile..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The digital/electronic world hasn't quite captured me fully yet...my anchient Ohaus 1050 balance beam scale and Lee dippers serves all my needs and yess I have several others stuffed back behind things I sometimes use.

There are millions of various types of weight scales available so cheap you can have a dozen for a nickel almost...but if you read the fine print digital electronic scales have several problems you need to watch...basically all you need to do with a balance beam scale is "zero" out the beam each time you use it because weather conditions can alter the setting...and 1/10th grain accuracy is about all you need anyway fors this sport.

Good Hunting tu2 beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Lyman electronic scale for over 25 years now and it still runs like it should.

Posts: 662 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote