Find
Notify
Tools

SELLIER & BELLOT PRIMERS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
LR primers, anyone using these primers

Posts: 1134 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
used some 3- 4 yrs ago large pistol. No issues all loads shot well

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
been using them for a couple years no problems sure are cheaper also been using small pistol and small rifle with no problems

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
No LR experience but I use the LP as a last resort. They are a bit oversized compared to Win, CCI, Fed

Posts: 6375 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LR and SR primers all go bang for me so far and with good accuracy.
l'd heard chatter that Hornady may be using them in some of their factory loads.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
A lot of people use it here for rifle cartridge reloading. No problems. Yes, they could be a little bit oversized.

But...

I use it also for 500 S&W, used in SW revolver. I have never ever any misfire with CCI. I seated mostly on Forster Co-Ax press. So it is NOT seated all way down in primer pocket. BUT with S&B LR primers, I had a misfires. After I seated them all way down by hand priming tool, there are no more misfires so far.
I think that revolver strike is a little bit weaker than rifle strike and S&B primers are maybe a little bit less sensitive.

Jiri

Posts: 2071 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
S&B primers are excellent, in fact better then some American ones. Wolfs were great too, but no longer available.