New
Find
Notify
Tools

DILLON
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
if anyone has any sway with Dillon, please tell em i want my damn 1100 before the country goes to hell any further! Roll Eyes their latest excuse (reason, sorry) was that they had a fire in their heat treatment parts plant, delaying heat treating parts. told em to quit lighting farts at work. they didn't deny it.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Dillons make good boat anchors. I have no use for them; I know, some like them.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fer shame fer shame!

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That's why they make Fords + Chevys. I like my Dillon XL 650 but then I also have numerous other single-stage presses. The Dillon is my only progressive. I have a buddy who bought the Hornady Lock-N-Load + has had a lot of problems with his. So far I have had good luck with the Dillon + whenever I needed parts they were right on it no charge. I hope you get your press soon John, but like everything else in this current crisis (on many levels) anything firearms related is on back order. HMMM, Por Que?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Dillon.....never heard of them

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
a really good brand, with excellent marketing, and a cult-like following, and likely well deserved.

i have dillon and hornady progressives, currently, and lived through having lee progressives...

i personally prefer hornady - and the reason why? preference, not reason Smiler

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38379 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:
if anyone has any sway with Dillon, please tell em i want my damn 1100 before the country goes to hell any further! Roll Eyes their latest excuse (reason, sorry) was that they had a fire in their heat treatment parts plant, delaying heat treating parts. told em to quit lighting farts at work. they didn't deny it.

I've noted a certain "testiness" with their telephone contact people. The one I tried to deal with was using a connection that cut off the first two words of each sentence he said. I couldn't understand what he was saying, tried to tell him the problem and got hung up on. I have a brand new 550C and am beginning to wonder about product support in the future.

Posts: 48 | Location: SE USA | Registered: 09 August 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Dillon.....never heard of them

thats ok. i never heard of the Frankenfuk Sling keeper either

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSI01:
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:

I've noted a certain "testiness" with their telephone contact people. The one I tried to deal with was using a connection that cut off the first two words of each sentence he said. I couldn't understand what he was saying, tried to tell him the problem and got hung up on. I have a brand new 550C and am beginning to wonder about product support in the future.

yep. i got another reply from em saying there was a world wide pandemic on right now and materials are hard to get. i WAS gonna ask him if they sourced material from china, but didn't

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I haven't had to use Dillon's customer service in quite some time but when I did their service has been great. If I needed a part for some reason I just called and the part was shipped free of charge.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They just shipped me parts for my 1050's powder checker die sensor, gratis. Seemed fine over the phone.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think they have and have had parts in stock for existing machines but are in the shit for new ones

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I had a Dillon 650 and only had a few problems with it. I gave it to my Nephew when he got into reloading and he has it laying in the corner of the basement. I never had any problems getting parts from them they were always very help full.
I own a Hornady AP with a case feeder just ordered some parts for it a few weeks ago, Good service got the parts the same week. Even the parts damaged was my own fault the replaced everything under a life time warranty.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. I bought my 650 when they 1st came out + besides a few minor glitches I have had really good performance with it. I have a buddy who bought the Hornady + he has had problems with the primer feed from day one. Why they make Fords + Chevys I suppose.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Dillons make good boat anchors. I have no use for them; I know, some like them.

Big +1

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote