THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    loading for a 110 year old winchester 94 takedown.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

loading for a 110 year old winchester 94 takedown.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jb
posted
my brother in law has a winchester 94 takedown made in 1896.he asked if i would load some cartridges for him that would be reduced power loads.I am looking for specific advice on a powder that would fill case ,yet not make much more pressure than blackpowder.
I know there have been alot of powders developed for the cowboy action shooting in the last ten years ,but I havent kept up on those at all.any one have any advice?

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
If you just want plinking ammo;
http://www.hodgdon.com/data/cowboy/lrrd.php
You can find lead bullets for the 30-30 just about anywhere.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use 15.0 gr XMR 5744 with a 165 gr gaschecked lead bullet from Lazer Cast in OR. I bought the bullets without checks and use a cheap Lee 0.310 sizer to install the checks.

It does about 1400 fps and is very accurate and doesn't lead as long as I don't shoot them too fast.

DT

Posts: 196 | Location: NC | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote