THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Auto Charge Powder Scale and Dispenser?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am ready to buy one. I have read mixed reviews on various makes and models. What units have worked well?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got both the Lyman and the RCBS. I like the RCBS better

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1094 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which one?

https://ads.midwayusa.com/prod...WEAQYASABEgKdmvD_BwE

Or

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...d-dispenser-110-volt

I do not use touch screen devices. The expensive one seems to have moving buttons. That might be a help to me. I have a difficult time with touch screens. My fingers are dry and calloused and I keep my nails short. Many touch screens to don't recognize my touch.

Thanks,
Scot

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I toured the Sierra bullet factory in Sedalia Missouri last December and they have a handloading lab. The tour guide stated that they load and fire 250,000 rounds per year. They had an 8 station loading area and there was an RCBS Chargemaster sitting at each station. I asked the tour guide if RCBS supplied the quipment and he said "NO" we buy everything and we try to buy the very best.

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had my Chargemaster Lite for about 8 months now and have been very happy with it. It throws all powders I've used well under the +-.1 grain variance they advertise. Most throws, if not exact, are no more than .02 to .06 grain off as measured by my GemPro 250. Powders I've used so far include Ramshot Big Game and TAC, along with Varget, H4350, H4831 (SC and long kernel) and Reloder 15. While the CM lite works well with both stick powders and ball powders, I prefer using my Redding 3BR powder measure and auto trickler with ball powders since they flow so well.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.

Posts: 383 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Chargemaster moves around pretty regularly. Beyond 1/10 of a grain too. Recently, I bought a Lyman and it wanders too. I think it comes down to what degree of precision you are happy with achieving. There are more expensive models which hold a tighter tolerance but only you can decide if they are worth the extra cost. (i.e. Sartorious)

Posts: 444 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The top link for the chargemaster. I find that it dumps pretty consistent but usually a 10th of a grain under.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1094 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problems with the Lyman.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Hornady and the RCBS 1500 combo. The RCBS is more reliable with long extruded powders out of the box and has more adjustment for the feed rate.

The Hornady likes to overshoot with extruded powder like RL22 or 4831. A little modification is needed to get it working well, but after that they are about the same for error rate (overshoot).

They are 100% with ball powder or short cut, and 95% with extruded long cut.

The mod for the Hornady is a McDonalds straw cut 3/4" long and slid into the dispenser tube about 1/4". It slows the trickle rate just enough.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote