New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading press for .505 gibbs and .50 BMG
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I currently have a redding t7 turret press and I assume my new .505 gibbs will not fit. So if I'm going to have to buy a bigger one I might as well get one that can accommodate a .50 omg if I buy one later. What is a good press for both?

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have the Lee setup for 50 BMG; works great.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
RCBS Ammomaster. Had mine for about 10 years now. Still fine.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+2 on the Lee. It works and doesn't cost much.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an Ammomaster, the stroke was far too long for me. Switched to a Rockchucker supreme. This press handles.the 505 fine, doubt a BMG will for though.

Cheers.

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
If you are using once fired M2 brass I found that my ammo master nor my Lee had enough balls to get it done. I run them through my Corbin when I get them. Then after that either press will work for subsequent loadings in both my M107A1's and one AR50.

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RCBS Ammo master single stage..Had mine since it appeared on the shelves long ago??? Good for 50 BMG with room to spare..I used it to load double rifles back in the day..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't have such a problem with my old Ammo Master with a friends milsurp BMG brass. used IMperial case lube btw.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If you like turrets like I do...Lee Classic Turret Press.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My RCBS A2 is still going strong after almost 60 years of use. It handles .505 cases with ease and I suspect it would do the same with BMG cases as well, although I've never had occasion to try it.

In 1960, when I bought it from Gander Mountain, the claim was that it would resize .30-'06 brass to .250 Savage in one pass. I have no reason to doubt that it will.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just looking for info on 505 presses. Thanks

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2846 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote