New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Partner Press
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is this a good option for a press if I'm only loading for 3 or 4 cartridges? Not needing anything fancy. Would like to hear some feedback. Thanks in advance

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
For what you're doing the Partner press will do you just fine, you can upgrade later if you want too . In fact, that press should late you the rest of your life depending on how many rounds you shoot a year whether you reload 5 different cartridges or 20. Just take care of it.
sofa

Single stage reloading presses are like owning a car, how much do you want to spend to impress the neighbors, or just get to were you're going.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the press for about 5 years. 30/06 or less it worked very good. Plus the primer arm is right there.

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
What they said, like Kennedy I had one about 5 years and loaded 06, 308 and 7-08 with it and loaded some fantastic rounds on it. And if you take care of it someone else will enjoy it after you're long gone. I traded mine off a few years ago and truthfully I wish I had it back.

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've been using one since '09 or so....7MM mag, 7MM-08,30-06, 25-06, 6.5x55.....still using it for 7Mag and 6.5.......still does great!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i started reloading in 1988 with a simple RCBS kit using the Partner Press..... using the strategy of beginning with the minimum and adding as I saw the need.

The Partner press worked just fine for my hunting rifles. And i didnt mind the slow pace of using a single stage press.

About 10 years ago i was able to get a RCBS Reloader Special [stamped on the top '81'] for $40 {plus a new set of Hornady 44 Mag dies thrown in}

The Reloader Special is my main press now, but my Partner still works as intended. As the experts above advise.... if you take care of your presses they will last a LONG time. Now i usually use the Partner to prime with small rifle primers. Large rifle priming gets done with the other press.

I have never regretted buying the Partner press.

Posts: 68 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 16 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I bought one when they first came out and there was a pissing contest with Lee between the two companies. Never had a high opinion of Lee products.
I've used it exclusively for decapping rifle cases so I don't get the primer grit on my Co Ax press, plus I can throw the cases into the tumbler for cleaning afterwards. Found the RCBS press to work fine and dependably.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No, a very poor choice. Lightweight, poor feel, barely enough leverage. Bought one as a "partner" and was sorely disappointed. Sold it and bought a RockChucker. ONLY if that's all you can afford. Used RockChuckers are another option. Wouldn't even recommend for pistol reloading.