Notify
Tools

Arnold Arms
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted
Guys -
Had a chance to shoot my .223 700VLS following Arnold Arms' accurizing process. The first three, five shot groups averaged 0.359", smallest was 0.276"/largest 0.425", (my shooting range is 108 yards long).
I've seen some posts here in the past critical of their work, but these results, as well as work they did for me on a .308 700VSSF a few years ago, which has averaged just under 0.600 for ALL loads tried, the favorites of which will go under 0.400" all day, makes me wonder.
Has anyone had a REALLY bad experience with their work?
Thanx,
R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
R-West, Yes I have had a REALLY BAD experience with them, and I have been in touch with many who have had a similar experience. I'm not going to go through the whole story again. I'll just say it was a hell of a mess. As far as I'm concerned it is in the past and I have learned a lesson. I am glad that you are happy with the work they did for you. Who knows, maybe they are getting their act back together. Let's hope. By the way, my .223 PSS shoots groups just like the ones you are reporting. The only accurizing I have had done on it is to have the trigger lightened at a cost of $25. I also have a friend I shoot with, whose .223 VS will routinely outshoot mine. He lightened his trigger himself. Maybe we both just got lucky. Maybe you did too. Have fun...ol blue

Posts: 373 | Location: USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, there have been problems with Arnold Arms. Mine were relatively minor compared to posts I have read. It would be a great thing if Arnold Arms got back to doing the kind of work that built their company and reputation. We need as many good companies in the shooting sports industry as is possible. As for me, I'll stick to a gunsmith that is a little further from me than Arnold Arms where I find good communication and quality work. If there are other good reports about Arnold Arms' recent work, I'd be pleased to hear them. Ed

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you got a real shooter. I had them rebarrel a Rem 700 back in 98 , it was returned when promised, shot very well and continues to do so today. I too wish they would get back on track again as my experience was a good one. .... FN

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Powderman>
posted
Ed,

Could you send me an e-mail with a quick summary? I was thinking about having Arnold rebarrel one of my rifles.

Thanks,

Powderman

------------------
Happiness is a 200 yard bughole.