Find
Notify
Tools

How do you store your brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Just wondering how you store your prepped brass? I've been using ziplock bags. Quart and gallon depending on the amount of brass. Works ok until you drop the bag or the zipper fails.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Same here, Paul.

I find the heavier duty freezer bags hold up better.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
The appropriate size MTM box. I was looking today, and I probably have almost $500 worth of them. Midway just dropped off a half dozen more. They stack well, protect everything, and transition nicely from fired to prepped brass to loaded rounds. I briefly flirted with other methods, but the lack of organization drove me nuts.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zip lock bags also.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Card board Boxes, plastic boxes, bags, buckets, ammo cans, coffee cans almost any smaller container thought of.

I have brass in.

Maybe I have to much to be picky how I store it.

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Plastic containers and zip lock bags.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rifle brass in MTM cases if prepped and usually after fired (except for 5.56)

Pistol brass mostly in 5 gallon buckets either dirty or prepped

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
zip lock bags

i normally put a cutout of the ammo box to identify the brass.

i don’t reload and this brass is building up.

i am thinking i sell it on ar to someone who will sort count and then pay me for the whole damn lot Big Grin. till then it builds in my mess of a garage.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use these drawer organizer trays that I got from Dollar General. My long term storage is Folgers plastic coffee cans.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very small quantities it looks like.
For such, these are great.

When the qty amounts to most of, or more than
five gallon buckets full of each. These small
boxes won't work.

IF prepped and/or primed ahead, seal a lid on 'em. IF just used brass, open buckets stacked up.

Loaded stuff, in sealed ammo cans. Prefer SAW
cans for my needs as they hold more.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When the qty amounts to most of, or more than
five gallon buckets full of each. These small
boxes won't work.

That's want I found

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Most of my brass is in old metal coffee cans. I created adhesive labels with check boxes to track the progress of each batch of brass (cleaned, sized, trimmed, etc.). I can tell at a glance the cartridge and brand, number of times fired, and status of the brass in the can.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use ziplock bags for rifle brass and I store the bags in plastic MTM ammo cans. I separate brass by manufacturer and on each bag I write the number of times fired and, if sized, trimmed and primed, the primer I used.

I don't separate handgun brass other than by caliber, and once separated by caliber and cleaned, I store it in ½ gallon (?) bucket-like plastic Reser's potato salad containers.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Metal coffee cans, with a papper towel folded in the bottom, and the original plastic lid..Never been a problem..count an whatever on the lid with a black marks a lot..Some in various sizes of plastic sandwich type bags that zip lock..I ran out of shoe boxes..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
plastic showe boxes sound like a good idea. I use lock & lock plastic containers or big plastic mayo jars.

Posts: 6385 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I use plastic coffee cans and 1 gallon freezer bags. Mostly 1 gallon bags though.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool Whip bowls, ice cream containers any nice clean food container of half gallon size or smaller. I usually put a note saying if it's once-fired or needs trimming, etc. Sometimes plastic bags for small quantities.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1159 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What ever you use, it needs a tight top, as you will sooner or later drop one, dirt will collect (I live on a dirt road and dust is always a problem out of the city) and believe it or not flys, bugs and spider find comfy homes in shell casings, do they hurt a thing, don't know but I don't particularly like the idea of 50 grs. of whatever and .05 grs of bug.. wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have good hand and can remove any odors sometimes those half or gallon size pickle jars are good because you can see what's inside.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1159 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote