Find
Notify
Tools

Remington .45-70 factory load copy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted
I got 100 Remington bullets for the .45-70, the 405grsFN. Now I would to copy the Remington 405grs factory load. The "for use in all rifles".
I loaded many .45-70 in the last 25 years, but only full house or light loads with Trailboss or N110 and lead bullets. Nothing in the "middle". I´m not a fan, to fill the case only 50% with medium burning propelant.
Hmmm.....
Norma 200 or Lovex D060 could be a good idea, I mean. IMR and Hodgdon are killed by "Reach" here in Europe.

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I think that ammo is loaded to 1330 fps and should be easy to duplicate.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
5744 is made for that and it does not fill the case.
If you want to fill the case, many slow burning powders will work.
Look in your reloading manual.
Or just fill it with black powder. Can't go wrong.

Posts: 17094 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
29.0grs of 4198 under the 405 Remington bullet will duplicate the factory load.

Norma 45-70 load data:

https://www.norma-ammunition.c...ata/45-70-government

Posts: 698 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3031 will get you about right there too.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote