New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starline Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Need some 444 brass and I have found some Starline brass in this calibre. Never used it before. Just curious what it is like. Would appreciate comments from all who have used this brand of brass. Are the primer pockets consistant ? Has it been properly annealed ? Thanks for any comments

Posts: 2433 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
1ST rate brass.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 443 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Have used many calibers of Starline; it is better than most others.

Posts: 17084 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i like mine.. 7MM-08

Posts: 1134 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used their brass for many years, various handgun and rifle cartridges, never had a problem with any of it.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That would be my first choice in 444.

Having loaded that and the Remington, the Starline wins for sure.

I'd buy their brass in any caliber. They started with just straight cartridges, but now they also do bottleneck. Tried some 243 and 223 and it was excellent as well.

It's a step or two up from Winchester/Remington in quality and consistency. Not quite to the level of Lapua, but thankfully the price is not either.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Works well in .45ACP

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1049 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only source for .45 S&W, too.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
first place I look when I need brass.

Posts: 4968 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Gentlemen. I have 100 on order for my 375 JDJ or 375/444 Imp which ever you prefer.

Posts: 2433 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like starline brass in available cases, it sure is good in the 38/40 as compared to other 38/40, its thicker and last much longer, takes more pressure by a good deal..better velocity in my old 38-40 oct barrel win 92, ser. #158

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41801 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote