Find
Notify
Tools

.450 Bushmaster
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Anyone load for the .450 Bushmaster? I am looking for the best powder choice of powder to load 250gr jacketed (likely Flextips) bullets as slow as possible and still get my AR pistol to cycle. Thinking about AA 5744.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36479 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Sadly, it's not what you are looking for but this is the .450 Bushmaster load I use.

300 gr. XTP
34.0 gr. H110
OAL 2.06" with minimal taper crimp

Thumps good and delivers about a 1.25" group at 100 in my AR15 20". Expected velocity is around 1900 fps.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2312 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Lane- Hodgdon lists data for 16 loads for bullets from 225g to 300g: Hodgdon data

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Here's an interesting link.

https://www.shootersreference.com/reloadingdata/186/

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2312 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Going to try some A 5744.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36479 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote