Find
Notify
Tools

Why did my case stick?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
I am reloading Norma nickle plated 375 H&H cases. When de-capping my used brass, the case was very tight in and out of the die. The next case stuck. I ripped the lips off the case trying to get it out and now it is stuck in my die.

What caused this? If I get it out do I need a carbide set to forgo this problem, just need to lube or what?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
Are you saying you did not lube your cases.

IF SO YOU NEED TO LUBE YOUR CASES.

Get an RCBS stuck case remover it will come right out.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Need to lube the case. Carbide doesn't work for bottleneck cases only straight-walled cases. To get it out you will need to get a stuck case remover or take it to someone who has one. You'll never get it out without one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, you've GOTTA LUBE them unless clean and using a carbide die.

RCBS & pad, or spray on's, I've liked best. but, there's many others out there a lot of other people prefer.

IF you don't have a stuck case remover, before you destroy the die, send it back to RCBS and they'll take it out for you.

Don't take much.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Don't know what I was thinking. For some reason, I thought I only lubed on the next procedure. How embarrassing.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
Don't know what I was thinking. For some reason, I thought I only lubed on the next procedure. How embarrassing.

Don't be embarased again. Get some Bardahl. No joke. thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:

Not as bad as the dumbass attack I had this past weekend when I was loading for my 45-70. I had some sized and flared cases mixed in with some sized, flared, and primed cases. Ended up loading some without primers. homer I have a box I throw all of my screwups in until I get around to pulling the bullets. Like some .357s I loaded with primers that are seated upside down. You are not alone.