THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    PREMIUM Reloading Trays, some of you expressed interest in an AR group buy!

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PREMIUM Reloading Trays, some of you expressed interest in an AR group buy!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
I was commissioned by Saeed to make some custom Accurate Reloading...reloading trays. Open-sided, modular design. Powder won't get stuck in the bores, and you can interchange tops. Here's a few pictures of them after anodization, the last step is lasering.

These can be available in pretty much any case head size if we get sufficient quantity to cover coding, right now we have all the common ones covered. Price will be in the $55ish region, and you can also order tops separate if you want to interchange them on one base. Final pricing will depend on the amount made just for this group buy.

Lastly, we can do other colors of anodization, I'll only charge what extra it costs us over clear. There is a minimum order we must reach for for the anodization batches.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Beautifully made trays, certainly top end stuff for those that want to pay for something different.
How are the top trays held to the base risers? Interchangeable normally implies some form of quick and easy detach/attach system?

Posts: 3833 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Put me down for two large enough for 50-70 Govt.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are the tops interchangeable between head sizes...meaning will a top with holes sized for a .505 Gibbs fit the same base as a "magnum" (.375 H&H) tray?

Karl Evans

Posts: 2734 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
Beautifully made trays, certainly top end stuff for those that want to pay for something different.

How are the top trays held to the base risers?

Interchangeable normally implies some form of quick and easy detach/attach system?

I'm no rocket surgeon, but I suspect the 4 screws in the corners have something to do with it.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
The tops are indeed interchangeable, and a crucial part of our design. The trays will accept two 25 round tops of differing sizes, and we will also be making 100 round trays that will accept (4) 25 round tops, or (2) 50 round tops.

There are spacers that the bolts pass through and thread into the top plate. The bolt heads fit into counterbores on top of the plate for positive stacking.

Basically...they're really nice!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snyper:
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:

How are the top trays held to the base risers?

Interchangeable normally implies some form of quick and easy detach/attach system?

I'm no rocket surgeon, but I suspect the 4 screws in the corners have something to do with it.

Yes I had thought so myself, I just wondered how many would bother having to unscrew 4 screws to change top plates, after all trays are normally a relatively inexpensive and simple part of the reloading process.

I was thinking maybe the use of C clips to make the top tray change a click/clack Smiler

Posts: 3833 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
The only issue I see with C clips is making the trays as solid and stout as they are now, and still being able to stack them.

Certainly they are more functional than a molded plastic tray, but at a much greater price point. Kinda like match grade dies vs a $20 Lee set.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
They look great and I would like to get one - standard for my 7mm08 & 280 Ack Imp. May be one of the 222 Rem

Her is mine to show off - 416 Rigby - Walnut & oil finished

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do we order some?

Posts: 167 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, all these AR trays are on their way currently, they turned out very nice:

It doesn't look like there's enough interest for another batch of AR lasered trays, but we do have another batch of trays getting lasered now with our logo, they are anodized black.

Tyler

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got the trays today.

They are extremely well made, and look fantastic.

Tyler did a grand job, which he should be proud of.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66848 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just loaded our ammo for this year's safari.

Posts: 66848 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
These are available and ON SALE now. "labor17" at checkout will give you 17% off. Trays available on the site on anodized black, it was more expensive but the contrast looks excellent:

http://mkmachining.com/product...ory/reloading-trays/

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Wow Saeed, it looks like you are off on a varmint safari Big Grin

Do you leave any ammo behind or shoot it all away before returning from Africa. I've seen some of your 'after match' shoots on your videos so assume you don't bring any back? Good hunting this year.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We do a shooting contest between the camp staff.

They shoot all the ammo left, have great fun, and get money for prizes clap