THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    125grn Nosler ballistic tips in 30-06, Load Suggestions

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

125grn Nosler ballistic tips in 30-06, Load Suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello I've taken a liking to these bullets and would like to try them in my Rem 7400.
I need to use powders of fast to medium burn rates, probably Varget.

So have any of you guys worked up any great loads with this bullet you'ed care to share?

----------------------------------------

If you waste your time a talkin' to the people who don't listen
To the things that you are sayin' who do you thinks gonna hear
And if you should die explainin' how the thing they complain about
Or the things they could be changing who do you thinks gonna care

Waylon Jennings

Posts: 329 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found out like Nosler found out in their number 3 and 4 manuals...

RL 7 produced the most accurate results...

IMR 4198 was a very close second, followed by IMR 3031 in my 06's...

good luck,
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
55.0gr N140, CCI primer, rem brass, = 1/2moa in my sporter rifle.

Difficulty is inevitable
Misery is optional

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used this load in my 30-06. that is 55 to 57 grains of H-varget with A nosler 125 BT,very good load , start A bit lower in your semi-auto and take your time going up. mine is A bolt action, you have to get cycle time right.

Posts: 185 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have not used them in the 30-06 but my .300WM likes them when I use max loading of H4831. Not the best grouping bullet for my .300 but I am getting 1 inch groups at 100 with it.

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still have some rounds loaded with RL12, I wonder why they stopped manufacturing this powder. It shoots very well in my Ruger 77. Vihta N133 or N140 should be close enough in burn rate.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote