New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe a Dumb Question.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is H4831 and H4831SC the same powder? I thought I'd ask here first before I start loading. I got 4831sc. My guess is that there the same.

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But the sc is shorter thats what i know.

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check Hodgdon 'site:
H4831SC - Ballistically, this Extreme Extruded powder is the exact copy of H4831. Physically, it has a shorter grain size, therefore, the designation SC or short cut.

Posts: 129 | Location: AZ | Registered: 17 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Does short-cut suggest it burns faster?

Posts: 4916 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
No, it just compacts better in the case.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 442 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
It is supposed to meter better through a measure. 4831 is always a trickle situation with my Uniflow. Although I have never tried SC.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They cut it short so your measure does not have to chop off the logs as it does with other stick powders. And as stated, it packs better so you can get more in.
Same burning rate.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alright thanks a bunch