New
Find
Notify
Tools

.277 TSX
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well i just ordered some 130grainer TXS's for my .270 today. I hear they like IMR4350 pretty well. Anyone have pics of targets and load data they got those groups with? i hear around max seems to be the sweet spot w/ most rifles. Obviously i will start out lower and work up, but i'm just curious. Thanks. Rifle is a rem. 700 w/ a .22inch stick

Gun control is hitting your target.

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew i had seen one before...that looks "good enough" for me!!! I hope i can achieve that group w/ mine also. wouldn't mind that at all

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
I think barnes says to try RL 19 for max speed

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't care about max speed. i don't see why everyone does, but oh well. I just need an ACCURATE load, not super fast. 4350 is fast enough for whitetails. Do you really think they can tell a difference? nah

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well i just got those beautiful barnes TSX bullets in the mail today. can't wait to try them out next week at the range.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
beretta, you are correct...the whitetails won't know the difference in speed but your TXS bullets will. They seem to thrive on speed and it has been my experience that they are more accurate at higher velocities. JMHO, Dave

Posts: 119 | Location: Houston | Registered: 06 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some bullets have been more accurate as the load increases. Some not. One load of mine shoots the best being 5 grains under listed max. depends on where the sweet spot is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you say 'some bullets', are you talking about different brands of bullets or TSX only? I agree completely in regards to other brands, but I have yet to load a TSX that didn't like higher speeds. Either way, I do love the TSX bullets and after seeing their performance first hand last year, I am switching most of my loads to TSX.

Posts: 119 | Location: Houston | Registered: 06 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think that i am going to have to keep increasing my loads as i got the best group today with the hottest load. workin my way up as i don't want exessive pressures. so far so good.

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
I'm with mitchell

I have shot a lot of TSX and typically they do shoot most accurately just under or at max. You are doing the right thing by working up slowly.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am getting just on 3000 fps with 130 TSX .277's from a 22" barrel with 57 grains of Rel #19 from W-W cases

Posts: 342 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote