Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone used the new Sierra ...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gamechanger bullets on game?

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Justahunter has

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. The .264 130 grainers worked pretty well for me on a couple of antelope. Killed about as well as anything else I've ever used which was mostly Hornady 129 gr interlocks in a 6.5-06 and/or the 6.5-06AI. I plan to use them again.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1096 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
Any more reports on this bullet?
Is it just a quite fragile, much like the Hornady SST?

Posts: 779 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a long range bullet, probably pretty soft at close range, as is the trend with long range shooting...but no doubt they will kill deer and pronghorn, about any decent bullet works on them. I don't care for soft bullets like the Nosler Balistic tips, they ruin too much meat up close and more deer shoot up close than out yonder..Ive had good luck with acccubonds up close and out yonder, its a good all around bullet..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41781 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote