Find
Notify
Tools

6 Dasher to 6BRX
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted
Just as the subject implies, could I form 6 BRX brass from 6 Dasher brass without crushing the shoulder. If it can be done, would this be easier then fire-forming 6mm BR brass? I only ask because I cant find 6mm BR brass anywhere online and Bullets.com has Dasher brass on sale.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
I shoot the BRX and I'm not really sure this could be done. You could try and run a Dasher case into a BRX die and see. Maybe anneal the case first. Could I ask why the change?

Posts: 748 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
My reason is that I cannot find 6mm BR cases in stock anywhere online.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thecanadian:
My reason is that I cannot find 6mm BR cases in stock anywhere online.

Gotcha. I looked around after seeing your post and could not find any either. I'm really curious what would happen if you run a Dasher case into a BRX die.

Posts: 748 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Since this is pretty much like taking an AI case and making non AI, I'm going to take a chance here. When the cases come in, I will see if it works.

---Thomas Jefferson