Find
Notify
Tools

1 and 2 off reloading
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
I go through about six thousand rounds of reloaded ammunition shooting 'burrowing rodents'. I'm watching my stockpile dwindle. I'm now starting to go to alternative loads; bullets, primers, powders to stay shooting. Glad I kept good notes developing loads as when I run out of Powder X I'll got to Powder Z and the same with bullets/primers. Groups might be a 1/4" bigger and velocity off 100 FPS....but thats what it will soon come to.

Unless components start coming back by next year I guess I'll take up fishing.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
let me know and i'll come down and pick up some of your slack.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
Glad I kept good notes developing loads as when I run out of Powder X I'll got to Powder Z and the same with bullets/primers. Groups might be a 1/4" bigger and velocity off 100 FPS....

Nothing wrong with that. Like many others, I also save all my reloading notes. The #1 load with a given combination is usually only marginally better than the #2 load with different components. Both are easily plenty good for hunting. If one is running short or out of supply, switch to the other and keep shooting!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote