Find
Notify
Tools

Powder and primers showing up
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted
One of the LGS that I visit regularly has a good supply of powder.
I was able to pick up a couple pounds of Varget and there was still some left on the shelf.
Plenty of BLc2, CFE, 3031, 4895, 4350, H110 and a bunch of others I cant remember
Fiocchi 209 shotshell primers some federal 210 and CCI small rifle.. CCI was 80 bucks/M.

Also hit the Cabelas on memorial day and believe it or not the actully had some Varget o the shelf! I couldn't believe it.. (ans it was 2 bucks more than the LGS)

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
That is great news. Hopefully it wasn't a one time thing. Having all of it come back is great but I d like to see prices lowered too at least make this sport affordable again.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3067 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the tide has turned, just, here in NZ as well. No huge rush of components but more frequent shipments of the more popular bullets and powders. Hoping this will expand as we go on. Prices are up as expected but I'm surprised at how little in many cases, at least at my LGS. I think these guys are trying hard to be as fair to customers as possible.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1994 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
We have a new Sportsmans warehouse in my neck of the woods and it appears that the factory ammo shelves are pretty well stocked. So they have had a little powder and some scarce primers off and on. I am guessing that is the manufacturers #1 priority, factory ammo, and we are 2nd fiddle. So if the distributors are no longer ordering factory ammo I guess our components may finally start seeing the light of day again. At least that is my .02 c hypothesis.

Posts: 10112 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some CCI BR4 primers. The last time I had access to these I paid $35 per 1000 just bought some for $138. What are you going to do? At Scheels. Lots of aa 1680 powder. A great time to reload for a 17 hornet.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where did you buy the primers @ $138/1000 ?

Posts: 684 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Do you recall the price of the Fiocchi 209 primers? I'll be in the area on Sunday and wouldn't mind picking up some 209's if you will share the name of the gun shop.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well, $138.00/1000 may be better than what we have seen lately, but it still sounds like price gouging to me.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just went on Midway and they are $159 for CCI BR4. I guess that is what we should expect these days. I will have to go back and buy some more. Bought some H335 the other day also. I think people use it in 223 rem.

Powder prices were about $45 average per lbs.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're $105/1000 @ Powder Valley, but out of stock. What else is new ?

Posts: 684 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote