Find
Notify
Tools

7.62 x 39mm bolt gun data
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
Does anyone here have some favorite data for the 7.62 x 39 in a bolt gun? Mostly 123 to 150 gr bullets.

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Thanks, coming from you I know the data has been thoroughly tested. I'll have to pick up some VV powder as I don't have any on hand.

Steve......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Glad to be of help.

We have built a number of rifles for this cartridge, all on Remington and Sako actions.

All performed great.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Anyone else?

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

Administrator
posted Hide Post
WhenI first built this rifle, people here were laughing!

Their argument was AK 47 ammo is not very accurate!

After they saw our results, many brought barrels and actions to be chambered for it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

One of Us
posted Hide Post
try some 4198.
or some old milsurp 7383 that's just about the best application for that powder ever.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 4sixteen
posted Hide Post
A respectable round capable of fine accuracy. I have a 7.62x39 Remington 799 (Zastava M85 barreled action in a Remington laminate stock). Very good results using Re7 with 123 and 150gr bullets.

I also have a 7.62x39 Ruger No.1-A. With its generous throat length and strong action some rather impressive muzzle speeds with various bullet weights can be attained. For example I can safely fire a 170gr Nosler Partition at 2200 fps with good accuracy.

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Saeed

I have a PSA AR15 in 7.62 x 39 that is believe it or not exceptionally accurate with Wolf Performance FMJ ammo.

Lamar

I haven't heard about 7383 but then again I don't know much about surplus powders.

4sixteen

I have a version of that rifle, mine is a Interarms Mini MkX I changed it from 7.62 x 39 to 6.5 Grendel with a Douglas XX barrel. I was looking for one of the 799's when I found the MkX. I just bought a Howa barrelled action from Brownells on sale for $219.99 (no shipping). Haven't had a chance to get to the range yet. I do have some RL7.

Steve..........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Lamar I have some 7383 on hand and would like to see your information.
I too have an AR15 in 7.62x39, 16" barrel and it shoots Wolf and Tula pretty well (1.5-2" groups at 100) but really impresses with my handloads. I've been following Saeed's recipe with the VV powders and a variety of bullets, 123, 125, and 130 grain in .308"-.310", all very accurate.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Snellstrom

What brand is your 7.62 x 39 AR?

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I pieced it together.
The upper receiver and the 16" barrel are CBC industries, nothing special but with my loads at 100 yards it shoots 1-1.25" 5 shot groups of 3 different bullet types and 2 diameters. I think it could beat that but I have a 2-7 Leupold on it maybe more magnification I could get it tighter but it is impressing me. Mostly it's fun but I may shoot some whitetails with it this fall in OK, a hog too if I get lucky.

I had a Zastava mini mauser in 7.62x39 but I really could not make it shoot so I sent it down the road before I spent money on it (you know how it goes bedding, trigger then barrel!) Surprised me because I have a 799 in .223 that is a real shooter and a 22/250 mini mauser on the way that I hope is a shooter..

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, good luck on the hunt.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran