Find
Notify
Tools

How many people use this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hornady One Shot Case Lube Aerosol

I started to use it a few months ago and have never had so many stuck cases. I had been using Pam cooking spray. After Sunday and 3 stuck cases I went back to Pam and resized over 300 cases and no problems.

Relive your memories take a kid hunting and fishing

Posts: 152 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 28 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used it for a while and didn't care for it either.

I've been using the Hornady wax lube that you just lightly apply to each case as you pick it up and it works like a champ, much like the highly regarded imperial sizing wax.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple stuck cases. Thought I was not shaking it enough, that didn't work.
My can I about a year old,
Used some a while back as a release agent on a bedding job and it worked, no stuck action.
I now use my rcbs lube and pad.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I use it in my progressive presses exclusively with zero issues.....tens of thousands of rounds

I have a feeling anyone having problems with spray lube is doing one of two things wrong.

Not applying enough lube.....or

Not waiting long enough for the carrying agent to evaporate

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Zero issues with it and I handload a fair amount. I have used it exclusively since it came out.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
clap Yeh, I do have a problem folling simple directions. Eventually I get it right faint

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
Zero issues with it and I handload a fair amount. I have used it exclusively since it came out.

Me, also.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been using One Shot for years. Works great for me.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I used one can 20+ years ago and got stuck cases.

20+ years now of Imperial sizing wax. I don't think I have had a stuck case.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
I use it in my progressive presses exclusively with zero issues.....tens of thousands of rounds

I have a feeling anyone having problems with spray lube is doing one of two things wrong.

Not applying enough lube.....or

Not waiting long enough for the carrying agent to evaporate

I'm with Ted on this, I load thousands of rounds on single stage presses and the only time I get stuck cases is when I try something else (like Lanolin and "Heat").
Before Hornady one shot came out I was using a spray product by Lyman that was great.
I'll never understand how someone will still use lube pads or Imperial, just too dang messy and ponderous.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used nothing but for at least 10 years. A very convenient way to lube cases. From trial and error ( a couple of stuck cases ) I learnt to not under apply and to ensure coverage of the case to the base, all round. I probably over apply at times and have sometimes sized cases while still slightly wet but never had any issues. Also need a good squirt on the inside of necks to smooth the passage of the neck sizing button.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Round here stuck cases are limited to rifle cartridges through owner error. A basic tool is a RCBS stuck case remover. The only lube used here is Imperial sizing die wax. The only handgun round I load needing lube is 357 SIG. Imperial works great. Been putting off experimenting with lanolin and alcohol.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Use it with no problems.

One of Us
Picture of IKE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by df06:
Been using One Shot for years. Works great for me.

Same here.

Posts: 230 | Location: Central Oklahoma | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zero problems. Use enough and shake the shit out of the can. Good release agent for bedding too.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shake well spray all over then wait for it to dry.

I do use imperial but for large batches one shot works.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used it for years with no issues.

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used it and liked it I do not use it any more.

Too many cans half used that I had to throw away because they up would plug up and wouldn't spray any more.

I use midway lube in a pump bottle works as well and no waste.

Next time I need more lube I most likely well make my own.

Recipes here and looks easy and cheap.

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
never even knew one shot existed till a few years ago. Never tried it but recently I d have to help a buddy extract two 300 win mag cases from the sizing die. don't know what he did but I gave him enough lanolin to make a quart of spray. he's not complained yet nor returned with a stuck case.

I've been using lanolin for a close to thirty years. I also took in on trade a couple of bottles of RCBS lube that got used diluted down and used in a spray bottle. I've also used Hornady unique sizing wax. it works but not as well as lanolin. I do think the consensus is correct though, not enough lube.

Lub pads nope no use for them they collect dirt and are just slow. I don't have time for that.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Been using it a while now and had no problems.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m not a fan of spray case lubes. Tried them and did not like the mess from the overspray.

Am I not using it correctly?

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Been using the Hornady One Shot Case Lube for a few years with no issues whatsoever. I just follow directions.
However, due to cost alone, when the current can of the Hornady I have is used up, I'm going to start experimenting with the lanolin/alchohol DIY mix. Nothing against the Hornady, I just want to keep it cheap as possible.

Posts: 1 | Location: Tomball, TX | Registered: 30 November 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tried them and did not like the mess from the overspray

I put my cases in a clean card board box
spray a little bit on shake spray a little more shake.

Let dry resize no over spray, seems like I use a bit less.

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used the Hornady and the Lyman. I didn't like the Lyman at all. I had a couple of sticky cases with the Hornady but resolved that by shaking the s&%t outa the can.
I now use lanolin and Issoheat (alcohol) mixed in a spray bottle and love it. Costs me about $6.00 for the 4 oz. of lanolin and $2-3.00 for the alky. Makes 16 0z of spray lube for $8-9.00. Don't really know if it separates but why take a chance---shake the hell out of it before you use it.

Hip

Posts: 1820 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

Jeez! Why didn’t I think of that.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First use for me did not go well. As a last resort I read and followed the directions printed on the can. Then it worked great. Remember if all else fails read the directions.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I got a can last year when I got my LNL AP and haven't had any problems with it.

Steve..........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

I use a big cheap plastic mixing bowl

I spray the crap out of the pile of empties twill the bowl like I'm panning for gold and I also stirr with my hand to evenly distribute the lube

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
used it for years in my 1050 and a 650. use it now with my 550. BUT....pistol cases only. no luck at all w/rifle cases, even 223. as stated, ya gotta jerk it off for about 2 minutes first then let it dry.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Imperial Sizing Wax here. I've used the old Lyman that cam in a metal toothpaste tube. I've used the later Lyman that came in a plastic toothpaste tube.

I use RCBS Case Lube 2 (I liked that) and before that the RCBS that came, also, in a plastic toothpaste tube. Now I only use carbide dies or Imperial Wax.

Posts: 6814 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used just about everything I've ever heard of at one time or other. Had more trouble with sprays that anything else.

On rifles I've used more Imperial sizing die wax than anything. It recently got knocked off its pedestal by the Bio-green liquid lube by the same maker. If you would have told me awhile back that I'd go back to liquids and pads I'd have thought you were nuts; but this stuff is better than any I've ever seen. You can take the heaviest, meanest sizing or forming job and the cases act like they would fall out on their own. I don't know whats in there, but it's amazing.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M16:
First use for me did not go well. As a last resort I read and followed the directions printed on the can. Then it worked great. Remember if all else fails read the directions.

This was me as well - amazing how well it works when I let it dry like the instruction tell you to do.... LOL!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Used it for one case and stuck one case. Should have followed the directions and waited for it to dry.

I'm using Redding Imperial Dry Neck sizing lube now for the neck and shoulders then use Imperial sizing Wax for the body. It sounds slow but it really isn't.

How to apply dry sizing lube

Posts: 440 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
It works well on smaller cases; use the old school roll pads and RCBS spray most of the time.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been using a home made spray case lube of lanolin and alcohol and it works very well.

I bought 300 once fired Lake City 7.62 cases and did a experiment. And prior to this I had absolutely no problem sizing with my home made spray lube.

I cleaned my standard and small base .308 dies and then sprayed the inside of both dies and let them dry. I then sprayed 25 cases with One Shot and let them dry.

The small base die required two hands on the press handle on a few cases. And the rest were a one arm wrestling match with the press handle.

On the standard .308 die the One Shot was still twice as hard to size vs my home made lube.

The only downside to the home made case lube of lanolin and alcohol is the spray gets inside the case neck. And I tumble the cases in a vibratory tumbler with untreated walnut media to remove the lube.

Bottom line, One Shot might work well with cases fired in your chamber, but not on cases fired in larger diameter military chambers or forming cases.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Used it and got stuck cases. Switched to Imperial sizing wax with no more problems.

Posts: 445 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never had any issues with it and have loaded thousands of rounds. Started using it when it first came out.

I spray at angle to all sides of cases and wait before resizing.

No need for me to use anything else.

Posts: 3059 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
I have been using it for years. The only issue I have with it is with 270 WSM and 300 WSM. Out of 50 I will get 2 stuck. I have tried using more and less. Makes no difference. But everything else I have had no issues with.

Posts: 749 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have used it a few times, and it works without any problems.

I have also used it as a cast bullet lube, before running them through a Lee sizing die.

Again, works for that purpose.

We clean the bullets after being sized in acetone and powder coat them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy yourself a small can of Imperial resizing wax an then compare it to the spray can stuff, your question will be answered..

I used the Hornady once, and resizing was not smooth, I didn't like the stuff at all, Ive tried all of it at one time or another in search of the best..

IMPERIAL IS THE BEST...and that small can will last of years!!! I mean years and years!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote