Find
Notify
Tools

Canellure Tool.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted
I just received the Ultimate Canellure tool,so far I am really impressed,It puts a really decent canellure on the bullets that I have tried so far,I have been struggling to modify bullets for use in my lever action wildcat cartridges,It's easy to get rid of a round nose by compressing the bullet in a vise,& putting a new canellure gives you the right length needed,this tool is a great answer to my problem,it's quick & easy to use.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 44magLeo
posted Hide Post
You can special order one of Lee's Collet Crimp dies. They have a list of ones they do. If your on the list it's $27. for a 7/8 x 14 die. $75 for the big ones.
If not on the list call and talk to them.
Lee's collet crimp die doesn't need the bullet to have a cannalure. The crimping action is strong enough to crimp on any bullet.
I have these collet crimp dies for several of the cartridges I load for. I have tried crimping a bullet with out a cannalure. It does just fine. It doesn't hurt the accuracy.
Leo

The only way to know if you can do a thing is to do it.

Posts: 316 | Location: Lebanon NY | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
My Lee Factory-crimp die seems to have a collet, Leo, but only cost about $15 last year. Are we talking about the same thing?

Be wary compressing the noses, Bill; jacketed bullets might be better but I found flattening cast-bullet noses increased diameter in places I didn't want it to.

Posts: 4909 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
My Lee Factory-crimp die seems to have a collet, Leo, but only cost about $15 last year. Are we talking about the same thing?

Be wary compressing the noses, Bill; jacketed bullets might be better but I found flattening cast-bullet noses increased diameter in places I didn't want it to.

Good point but I am only using jacketed bullets.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote