Find
Notify
Tools

My solution for anti-static reloading
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
Make the funnel from anti-static material!

I do an absolute ton of 3d printing, and the tech is pretty awesome for certain projects. These are printed from an "ESD-Safe" material that is usually used for sensitive electronics. Turns out it absolutely gobbles up powder too! Printed a base and inserts for .17-.375 and they work great. Working on stackable drop tubes and a set of cartridge specific inserts next.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Tyler that is a great idea, quite the funnel set up!
You getting tooled up to sell those?

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Thank ya, they're actually available now but I didn't want to post just about selling them, more to show a different way to make something!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

posted Hide Post
Hows about adding drop tubes for the Lee PPM and their Classic / Deluxe PM's? They like to splash powder out of the scale pan. Thus forced to drop powder into a case to prevent powder loss before weighing adding that extra step.

Posts: 10 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 01 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I've got all kinds of stuff lined up with this material! There's a few million irons in the fire to wrap up with millwork first, but then I'll be cranking out some more anti static loading accessories.

posted Hide Post
Where can I purchase these items. Powder funnel-Powder trickler

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Right here! Also have a new chargemaster pan than folks are digging:

https://mkmachining.com/produc...loading-accessories/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://mkmachining.com/produc...loading-accessories/

Just checked out your web site. Nice stuff. Any chance you have plans to make insert for the Chargemaster tube to help prevent overcharges?

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Tyler,

Do you have white? I'm not a fan of black as my eyes age.

Posts: 7360 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I believe that graphite/carbon in plastic make it anti static. And graphite is black . . .

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
We have a chargemaster tube design that I'm working on optimizing a bit. I've found significant variance in the internal tube diameter, so the options are either a tapered press fit (not as aesthetically pleasing), or send a few different sizes which would add a bit of cost.

Unfortunately as Jiri said, the additive makes the material black. You can see powder pretty well in it, but then again I don't wear glasses.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tyler,

Your work and ideas are impressive. Did you study materials science in college, or stick to mechanical engineering?

Thanks,
Charlie

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of just say moe
posted Hide Post
Can you make one of these for 17-20 cal?

powder pan

"Pick out two!" - Moe Howard

Posts: 295 | Location: ARKANSAS - Ouachita mtns. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
Tyler,

Your work and ideas are impressive. Did you study materials science in college, or stick to mechanical engineering?

Thanks,
Charlie

I actually spent a few years in Mechanical, and switched to Business and dual-majored in marketing and sales. That being said I'm highly interested in materials properties, and a WHOLE bunch of other stuff. Heck I teach guitar on Wednesday afternoons Smiler

Got a little experience in a lot of subjects, although printing unique and usable items has been my specialty for the past few years.

just say moe: that shape isn't very optimal for printing...in fact it wouldn't come out very good at all. I would suggest a funnel and pan independently, molding what you're wanting would be the only way to go unfortunately. I've never been a fan of the funnel/pan combos but that's just my personal opinion.