Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with Sierra 20 cal 39 gr BlitzKing
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Recently purchased a couple boxes of these from Midway for a proven 204 Ruger load. While reloading I was seating bullets and felt a bit more resistance than 'normal'. It proved to be a .22 cal bullet (55 grain) that was in the box. I found a total of three of these in the box. I contacted Sierra and they acknowledged the recently discovered problem at their end (putting some .22 cal bullets in .20 cal boxes). Here is their news release.

NEWS RELEASES
PRODUCT RECALL ON STOCK #1039 .204" 39 GR. BLITZKING
July 06, 2018

Dear Valued Customer,

We have discovered a product mix with Sierra Bullets projectile part number 1039, Lot Number 0120373435858GI. The product you have received may have .22 caliber bullets mixed in with the .20 bullets.

We sincerely apologize for this error and would like to send you a replacement box(es) directly. Please contact us via email at duane@sierrabullets.com or by phone 800-223-8799 x521, with the number of boxes you ordered along with your shipping address so we can send you replacements

Thank you,
Sierra Bullets

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Matt! Your safety warning is very useful and most welcome.

I don't have any bullets from that lot, but I'm checking what I have anyway.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder what would happen if it was the other way around and some .20 cals. were in a .22 cal box of bullets and one dropped into the case while loading and you just thought you didn't pay attention and loaded another .22 cal. bullet on top of it.--------WOW !!!

Hip

Posts: 1794 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote