Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas in August
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Was doing some sorting to see how many pistol bullets I had for reloading. Had no 9mm 50 45acp and about 20 .41 for my 44mag. Frowner

Thought just what I need trying to find bullets during a shortage. Decided since I was in the reloading room I would do a little more organizing. Went to move a box still taped that had been delivered to my CO address so at least 2 years ago.

Only to find boxes of Nosler 2nds. 500 each of all three calibers. jumping Boy I need to do some more organizing and open the rest of the boxes. No telling what I might find. Big Grin

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
ever few months I scrounge thru my bullets and powder to see what turns up.
"I thought I had some of that just not sure where I put It"

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a bad habit of writing on stuff with a magic marker.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only reloaders who have perfectly organized loading rooms/areas are the ones on YOUTUBE.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1054 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
My problem is a little different, I know what I have, I just can't find it.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know what I have, I just can't find it.

I understand. In 2018 my reloading area was somewhat organized. Then we packed up to move. Most of my storage and bench were built in place so we left them. Then I did a pi$$ poor job of packing. Instead of keeping stuff together I filled boxes and ended up with a good number of boxes simply marked "reloading".

Those boxes then set in a storage building for over a year and were moved around to get to other stuff. Only smart thing was keeping powder and primers separate so those were in the basement. When it came time to move from storage to my new reloading room I ended up in the hospital with my first GI bleed. So the wife, daughter and S-I-Law moved everything and simply stacked them in the room. So I had the option to start on one and work through the pile or look for a specific item. So of course I did both.

So I have a number of "I wondered where that was" and darn "I didn't remember I bought all those. Never a dull moment.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I think I know where my reloading stuff is* but half the hardware I've ever bought is somewhere in the shed unused.

If I need some part of it now, I've either forgotten I've got it or know I've got it but not where it is. Since finding it would take half a day or forever, I often go and buy a new one.

*bar the cap off a powder dispenser

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, I can relate with that remark about organized/pristine loading rooms. I try but alas. It reminds me of those great gardening magazines where the grounds are fabulous + I wish I could do that then you find out the owners are two gay guys in their Bed + Breakfast in Vermont.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I need some part of it now, I've either forgotten I've got it or know I've got it but not where it is. Since finding it would take half a day or forever, I often go and buy a new one

Bought a new chalk line Friday found the other 3 on Saturday. rotflmo

As usual just my $.02
Paul K