THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Suppliers of Reloading Components, El Paso, Texas

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppliers of Reloading Components, El Paso, Texas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am planning to be in El Paso, Texas February 2019. If I have a day or so spare I would like to pick up some Barnes projectiles and possibly Norma Brass while in town. Which supplier would be best to visit ?
Cheers

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2007 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might get better results by contacting the bullet maker direct to find their resellers.

Good luck and have a fun trip.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5938 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You might get better results by contacting the bullet maker direct to find their resellers.

Great suggestion, thankyou George.
I will email Barnes and Norma USA and see what they say.
Would still like any AR member replies to my question.
Cheers

Posts: 2007 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mdwest
posted Hide Post
There is a Cabelas in El Paso. They carry both Barnes projectiles (pretty wide variety) and Norma brass (not nearly as wide a variety)..

https://www.cabelas.com/stores/Texas/El_Paso/083.jsp

Posts: 65 | Location: DFW | Registered: 01 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't go across the river to Juarez!!!

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:

What is wrong with you people, top gun you said in another thread you've never been over the border or did once 50 years ago! Try sticking to something you know about.
Mexico won't have any shooting or reloading supplies but may be an interesting day trip.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Besides the Cabela's there is an Academy Sports and the Ft Bliss Rod and Gun Club, check those out, also check local news to see if there is a Gun Show that weekend, I'm sure Gun shows are primarily an American experience that you may find interesting.
Have fun visiting our country.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you could most likely get Norma brass shipped to you cheaper than buying it here.
it's pretty close to LaPua brass in price.

Posts: 4965 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gearge, mdwest, Topgun 30.06, Snellstrom, Lamar - thankyou all for your comments.
If I manage to pick up some brass in El Paso it's definitely cheaper than buying here, or having shipped here.
Would love to attend a local gunshow. We have very few here and quite small affairs. It probably wont happen as I will be hunting during the weekend and departing El Paso 20 Feb.
Cheers

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Cabela's is probably your best bet. Even if they don't have what you want on the shelf, you can probably order from them ahead and have them ship to store. Or you could ship to me and I'll meet you. I'm just up the road in New Mexico.

What are you hunting?

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
Cabela's is probably your best bet. Even if they don't have what you want on the shelf, you can probably order from them ahead and have them ship to store. Or you could ship to me and I'll meet you. I'm just up the road in New Mexico.

What are you hunting?

Desert Ram gives the best advice; order it from Cabelas for an in store pickup - just be sure if it is a long wait until you get to the US they will hold it for you.

Oftentimes components disappear pretty quickly. I just tried to order 8lbs of Varget and 8 lbs of Retumbo; no availability at Cabelas or Midway, but Sportsman's Warehouse had it in stock (via their website).

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
quote:

What is wrong with you people, top gun you said in another thread you've never been over the border or did once 50 years ago! Try sticking to something you know about.
Mexico won't have any shooting or reloading supplies but may be an interesting day trip.

Hey, what's up Dingleberry? I made that comment to alert him that it's not safe going over there, not to buy reloading components, LOL! Yes, I was stationed at Ft. Bliss for 2 1/2 years way back in 68 to early 71 and only went over there twice. IMHO it's not worth risking your life going over there, since in case you haven't heard, it's even worse now with many hundreds of people every year being murdered over there and I don't think he'd like to be one of the statistics!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DesertRam, AAZW,
Appreciate the suggestion re ordering beforehand. I will contact Cabelas and see if this can be arranged.

DesertRam,
Got a short hunt booked with Mulie Mike for Aoudad. Originally intended hunting early this year and did a short hunt at Rocksprings but wasn't able to book Aoudad.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey, what's up Dingleberry? I made that comment to alert him that it's not safe going over there, not to buy reloading components, LOL! Yes, I was stationed at Ft. Bliss for 2 1/2 years way back in 68 to early 71 and only went over there twice. It's not worth risking your life going over there, since in case you haven't heard, it's even worse now with many hundreds of people every year being murdered over there and I don't think he'd like to be one of the statistics, DUH!

I've been to Mexico more than 2 dozen times, you don't know what you are talking about you just repeat others fears. Anyplace can be dangerous.
I'd rather go to Mexico than south Chicago, parts of St Louis, Watts and Compton.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey, what's up Dingleberry? I made that comment to alert him that it's not safe going over there, not to buy reloading components, LOL! Yes, I was stationed at Ft. Bliss for 2 1/2 years way back in 68 to early 71 and only went over there twice. It's not worth risking your life going over there, since in case you haven't heard, it's even worse now with many hundreds of people every year being murdered over there and I don't think he'd like to be one of the statistics, DUH!

I've been to Mexico more than 2 dozen times, you don't know what you are talking about you just repeat others fears. Anyplace can be dangerous.
I'd rather go to Mexico than south Chicago, parts of St Louis, Watts and Compton.

You go right ahead booby and go wherever you want over there and I'll stay right here in the good old USA with a much better chance of survival, LOL! Look it up and tell me that Juarez isn't exactly what I said, as I'm not just guessing based on what I saw down there, but rather what the official government stats show! As of today the overall crime rate in Juarez is 82% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 14.14 daily crimes that occur in Juarez. Juarez is safer than only 10% of the cities in the United States. In Juarez you have a 1 in 20 chance of becoming a victim of any crime. If you want to take that kind of a chance, go right ahead over there and become a statistic, LOL!

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Juarez is safer than only 10% of the cities in the United States

See, that ain't that bad. You didn't warn him about stayin out of those US cities now did you?....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Juarez is safer than only 10% of the cities in the United States

See, that ain't that bad. You didn't warn him about stayin out of those US cities now did you?....

And back you come with more BS and then say that all I do is make argumentative posts, LOL! If he goes to El Paso, he's going to have to go a long way to any other big city in the US that he has to worry about crime and I have no idea where all and how far he plans to travel from there.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
DesertRam,
Got a short hunt booked with Mulie Mike for Aoudad. Originally intended hunting early this year and did a short hunt at Rocksprings but wasn't able to book Aoudad.

Cool. That should be loads of fun. I got to hunt one here in NM in 2017. Killed a little ram, so now I'd love to go chase a big one. I'll be looking for your report!

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where have you been and how recently?

One of Us
Picture of eyeman
posted Hide Post
I live in El Paso. Cabelas or sportsman’s wear house in las cruces New Mexico about 30 minutes away

Posts: 340 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KY Nimrod:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where have you been and how recently?

i was born and raised in el paso and was in law enforcement there for years. left in 2001. j town was fun in high school. no more!! if you just HAVE to see juarez, go to mesa and executive st and park and look south. or drive on I10 and when you get to UTEP look the opposite direction. you'll see all of juarez you ever wanna see. back in the day i worked briefly in a maquilla in juarez. was scared shitless everytime i crossed the border. es no bueno por sheeet.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juarez is the home of the notorious Juarez cartel, more than 50,000 people have died their, more than in the middle east Im told..

I was a deputy sheriff (narcotics division) and had a ranch leased North or Ft. Bliss some many years ago, after my deputy days I became a US Custom Agent and worked daily in Juarez/El paso making drug cases...Back in those days all El Paso residents went to Juarez to eat and have a few drinks all the time. the high school kids spent time over there in the red light district and bought a lot of pot...It was never as dangerous then as it is today or until the cartel became stronger than the Mexican government.

Today I would not go there. Today Custom Agents nor DEA agents are not allowed work in Juarez, Im told by my nephew who is in DEA..I don't know how you could make a drug case in El Paso and not work in Juarez..

Mexico is a place not to go these days IMO, at least not by anyone with any survival instincts.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41798 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote