Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman Spartan
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
.....not so much a reloading question as a repair one......I've been using a Lyman Spartan press since the seventy's and never found a reason to replace or upgrade it.....my question is, does anyone know what the thread is on the little grubscrew that holds the shellholder in? You cannot begin to understand how annoying it is trying to hold that bugger in when removing a case Mad.....

Roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had one of those a long time ago.I remember that little screw was prone to comming loose or falling out. I think it was a 6-32 machine screw. If not it may have been 8-32.

Posts: 2434 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that 6-32 was correct.
Mine fell out into the primer catch bucket thing and when I tried to fish it out it hit the floor never to be found again.
Used a little screw I had on hand for a while.
BTW, I noticed that Ace Hardware has a gunscrew assortment now. Hadn't noticed that before.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think it might be time to re-tap it and use a capscrew so I don't need an allen key.

Roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote