New
Find
Notify
Tools

fireforming
 Login/Join

<dartonvpr>
posted
Have been reading about a method of fireforming that uses cream of wheat as filler, but have never seen anything telling how much powder or what holds it all in the case. Am shooting a 7-30 waters in a TC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks JIM

<fusilier>
posted
I put 10 grains of Unique in the casing, cover it with a thickness of index card, fill the case with corn meal up to the neck,use another card, and use a beeswax plug in the neck. Works fine.

<reload>
posted
Sorry, But you won't get a good fireformed case if you don't use a bullet. You need to run the bullet into the lands so it will push the case against the bolt face so when the round goes off you will get the correct head space you are trying to get. If you don't you may have primers backing out of your brass. Good Luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
It's also more fun to shoot a bullet than breakfast!
Don

<1GEEJAY>
posted
I have fireformed both ways.If I use cream of wheat,I use 17 grns of bullseye,fillthe case with the cream of wheat to the neck should junction and put tissue into the neck.Works for me.
1geejay
http://www.shooting-hunting.com