New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloader 16 with 180gr 30-06 loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a new Benelli Lupo in the mail and I'm wanting to play with some 180 grain -06 bullets with it. I've got some Sierra tipped Game Kings and some Hornady ELD-X bullets. Was going to try R22 because it works so damn well in everything else I use it in. But I have a new pound of R16 that I really haven't played with but the load data I've seen on it suggests 2850 fps is very doable with published loads and pressures well off the max. Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks in advance....no comments about my ugly Lupo either...I'll be sure to post the tiny ugly groups it shoots for you soon...LOL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like R17 in the 06 a lot. Never used 16.
R19 worked good to.

Posts: 117 | Location: Augusta, West Virginia | Registered: 30 August 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have not had great results with RL-16, but only tested it in two rifles..I settled long ago on RL-22 and 19..I also really like H414 or WW760 as those two are the same powder and use exactly the same load gr. dosage..Some loading books show a grain or two difference, some use the same..In reality they exactly the same powder in a different can and manufacturer sticker.great powders. I think you could use just about any powder in the 06 and get excellent results, its so easy to load for..

A consideration were not used to is the option to use what powder, primers and bullets we wish..this may be a changing world and if that brain dead leader we have in Washington has his way we may have to go back to black or Archery..but pick your components by whats in demand, as more of that will be produced and a lot of the good stuff will be dropped, they have done just that with bullets recently, I mean take a look at the speer options..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote