Find
Notify
Tools

load date for 28nosler 195gr berger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted
Anyone have input on getting load data not in the Berger manual?

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I used to call Walt Berger when I had a question. Guess that is out of the question now but I wouldn't hestitate to call Berger.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Call Berger. They are very helpful. With that said, I have found Retumbo and R33 are good powders for the 180 grain pills. I have not loaded anything in the 190s for the 28 yet.

Posts: 749 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We use RL-33 with the 195 EOL and load way more powder than Berger says we can...but it's always prudent to work up in .5 grain increments anyway.

I usually load only 1 of each powder weight, as I work up, and I know that if 3 or so are about the same POI, I've found the sweet spot and develop the load further from there. I've found it's a quicker way to find both accuracy and pressure.

Remember to let the barrel cool between shots since it's not a high round count type of cartridge.

Zeke